Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chicago Italian Beef

Location:  Airline at 20th Street/Cavalcade.  Northeast Houston/Heights. 

Type of Food:  Chicago classics.  Deepdish pizza, hotdogs, burgers, and Italian beef sandwiches.

Summary:  Today, I decided to try out Chicago Italian Beef on Airline.  I have been wanting to visit this restaurant for years.  I am an Italian Beef snob.  I know how to make it in addition to know I understand what it is supposed to taste like.  The Italian Beef at this location tastes like a glorified French dip sandwich without flavor.  It didn't have the right seasonings or correct type of peppers.  Additionally there was not enough juice. 

Final Thoughts:  I think that I will try to wait for the real food in Chicago or try making it myself. My version may not taste exactly like the real thing, but it tastes a heck of a lot more like the real thing than Chicago Italian Beef's version.  Maybe I will go back and try their deep dish. Maybe, but I fear it may be like Star Pizza's version which is NOT CHICAGO DEEP DISH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment