Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lola's

Location:  Heights Blvd at White Oak in Heights section of Houston. 

Type of Food:  American

Summary: Today I went to Lola's for the second time in the last month.  It is located at the corner of 11th Street and Yale in the Heights.  I like the wide selection of food that you can order.

The first time I went to Lola's I tried the Waffles and Chicken which were totally mouthwatering and tasty.  I am typically not a big fan of fried chicken and have to be in the mood, but you know what?  I would eat Lola's fried chicken any day of the week.  The waffles are topped with berries and whipped cream with a side of syrup and butter.

Today I tried the Day After Thanksgiving sandwich with a side salad with pecan vinaigrette.   Sandwich was a bit of a disappointment.  The cranberry sauce was more like the congealed sauce out of a can. The salad was more so a mix of different lettuces and no other vegetables.  (I am a salad snob; I like salads that have a little of glitz and this salad had no glitz).

Final Thoughts:  Although this experience was not great, there looks to be a bunch more items I need to try and I will be back. 

Lola's website

No comments:

Post a Comment